Here's some tips that might work for the budding entrepreneur:
- Truly believe in your idea/product. Despite what others may say, you are your biggest fan, and your worst critic. It also helps build confidence when debating with others.
- Cultivate strong external support in your idea/product. There is safety in numbers, and it can soften even the most painful put down.
- Quickly develop a minimum viable product and prove that your concept works. It is hard to argue a point, when you hardly have anything to show for.
- Pick up some communication manipulation skills. Learn to deflect useless feedback and direct a conversation to another topic which doesn't involve your startup.... be it politics, the weather or the most hated celebrity of the season.
- Put down your detractors in a similar manner. Call it an eye for an eye, mutually assured destruction, or whatever else... and of course, do it with class and diplomacy. As an entrepreneur with limited resources, do try to be on good terms with everyone!